Tuesday, August 21, 2007

To AIESEC memebers in Tokyo

Hi all,

Some of you AIESEC members are coming here soon, right#
The rainy season is still lingering, so hot sunny days and cold rainy days are coming in turn.
But Kenyans say dry season is supposed to arrive soon.
So, as for clothes, you'd better bring at least one warm sweater.
They are dressed like Japanese in Nairobi, but since we naturally stand out, you should wear dark, loose clothes, hopefully without glasses when walking in the town.
I'm usually dressed up in T-shirt, sweater(I mean 'tore-na- ka atumeno uwagi') and jeans.
Try to look as strong as possible!

As for food, fried potatoes and roast chicken are available anywhere in the town.
I often eat local stew and fruits, and my stomach is so so, so you should bring some medicine against diarrhea.
You should carry some water, I think.

When going out, I usually carry my rucksack, but not my wallet. I carry money separately in my pockets, just in case. However, many Kenyans actually use their wallets. And, I think at least one member should carry his\her cell phone.

See you then!

No comments: